Saturday, April 1, 2017

Three Favorite...Shows we've watched recently

Before I met Ben I really wasn't into watching a whole lot of TV/movies. There are a few shows that I watch regularly like Grey's Anatomy and Bones (even though it is over now!). I guess with late night med school studying watching an episode of something is a treat. 

This show is just downright delightful! We just finished all three seasons on Netflix and it makes me so nostalgic for Downton Abbey. I had just started Harry Potter and the Cursed Child so I was already immersed in alllll things British. I will admit that 70% of the baked goods on the show do not sound appetizing at all...but all of the bakes are so beautiful and interesting. The facet of the show that is most fascinating is how nice everyone is to each other. I repeatedly told Ben that we would never see the teamwork during an individual competition on a show in the US...which is sad...like the contestants displayed on the Great British Bake-Off. It was so refreshing to have a NICE reality/competition show. Now I'm still trying to decide which Mary Berry recipe I want to try just for the fun of it.


Our bishop talked about The White Helmets and then it won an Oscar and it jumped up high on our "To Be Watched List". It's a super short documentary about a group of people who rush into cities that are being attacked to help save people. It is heart breaking and also soul-lifting. I feel like the magnitude of what is happening in Syria is not understood by a lot of people and it is eye-opening and heartbreaking to see the destroyed home and people of that area.


Beauty and the Beast was everything and more that I hoped it would be and more. It was such a PRETTY movie to watch. The scenes were breathtaking. The music...somehow was just perfect and better then the original. Bonus points were definitely earned by having Celine Dion (forget about Bora Bora and Hawaii...I want to go see Celine in Vegas when Ben has a real job! ha!), Josh Groban, and John Legend on the soundtrack singing some of the tracks. I loved the costumes...Belle's dresses were gorgeous. The characters  were so endearing and the bad guys (even Josh Gad who is just annoying...so perfect for Le Feu) were so bad. Gaston was the perfect Gaston. I just loved it and can't wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment